BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:14:51 -0400
Met History wrote:

> In a message dated 7/7/2004 6:25:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>

>> i have some black iron pipe.  what i would like to know is what
>> > the hell it is for.  c
>>
>> it is used for GAS
>

> ...what is the black in the black iron pipe for?  is the black for the
> gas?  if so, what does it do that regular old steel pipe won't?   if
> "rust resisting" - as our Garden State correspondant noted - what is
> the deal with rust resisting in the matter of gas transfer?
>
> Would you like to re-direct?      C, Esq.

I'm not quite sure what the BLACK is for. I always thought it was so
that you could tell the difference between it and any old other kind of
steel pipe.
It is more than likely black iron pipe is manufactured to a particular
standard, as it is used for GAS... but fire supression systems also use
a pipe that is black.
We need an histo presto plumber...

][<