BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Leschen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:43:43 -0700
My real first name is Harry, but I go by John. There
were already three Harrys in the family in the same
city when I was born so they called me John. There
were already two Johns and a Jack but that didn't
appear to matter. There hasn't been an original name
in my family in hundreds of years. This is one of the
curses of being born Episcopalian.

I'm not a therapist but I have been in therapy a few
times. I was a maitre d' in St. Louis and an ice cream
wholesaler in Florida before moving to Boston to
re-educate myself as a preservation carpenter. I have
found that as my careers have changed, I iron less and
shave when I want to.

I attended IPTW last year and met a few of you. I left
IPTW thinking that these histo-presto (I like new
words) folks were a bunch of big-hearted nuts who like
to eat well. After lurking for three days, I see that
I was right.

Anyone who graciously helped underwrite the student
scholarships to IPTW should read "nuts" as "nice
persons."

John