BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:08:20 -0600
One of us is just being "oppositional".  I think its you.

I liked Lonsesome Dove very much.  Both of 'em.  I may have even read
the book...or at least had my hands on the book at some time.  But,
Open Range was a summer shower on a hot dry August afternoon.  Lonesome
Dove was the taunting reminder that what little chance I had to be a
cowboy was gone.  But a cowgirl preservationeer bathing in a water
tower told me that neither cowboys, nor cowgirls can be contained
within a single stereotype or symbol.  With that kind of encouragement,
I tipped my hat, mumbled my appreciation and resumed my journey up the
trail.

Keep an eye out for bushwackers.

-jc