BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:47:26 -0400
In a message dated 9/5/2003 6:34:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Orgease R'Us writes:

> More please... I want to know more.

tin B-36 bomber, 18" wingspan, trailing wing props powered by friction motor off of landing gear, bubble cockpit, only problem was no visible armament

pom-pom gun assembly, 20" long, paired ack-ack guns, swivelled, elevated, "fired" (with pom pom sound) by 2 D cells, grey and blue

"mobile atomic cannon", tin and rubber wheeled truck, brown body with yellow trim, raise, swivelled, elevated by electricity, fired red dart-like payload with black rubber head, exploded cap under metal contact pressed down by impact

Chris-Craft cabin cruiser, 12", white plastic hull with green bottom paint, topsides of "teak" (but real wood), fold-back canvas canopy, powered by model outboard powered by 4 d cells below decks, beautiful detailing and action (raise, lower, etc.) on the outboard, but not RC so might wind up on Brittany coast

colonial doll house, actually my sister's but I coveted it, 24x12x18, two stories, bendable figures but tailored clothes (felt), could have little brother push family downstairs or, better yet, off attic balcony, exquisite model refrigerator, stove, washer, dryer, roast turkey, ham, birthday cake, vegetables, toilet, toilet paper on wall, lamps, standing cigarette receptable, my sister promised it to me but let her 5 year old daughter fiddle with it, everything ruined, damaged, integrity completely shot, one of tragedies of my life

Lionel HO "mechanical" cars, helicopter-launching car (triggered by trip switch as train passed over) spring wound blades lifted off helicopter but also counterspun cockpit, killing pilot before apogee; exploding "ammo" boxcars, red, collapsible sides, mouse-trap device inside to blow apart on impact from rocket from rocket firing car

O scale (larger, much better than finicky HO) working semaphores, overhead lights, beacons, coaling station, locomotive with whistle and steam

what you never had any good toys?    Christopher