AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:32:04 -0600
From: Rebecca Krantz <[log in to unmask]> 02/26/03 07:13PM >>>

Hi, Folks,

You're warmly invited to an informational meeting next Thursday evening for the pilot of a new citywide Grassroots Leadership College - see details
below.

Note that we are not yet set up to do this training for non-English
speakers, but are planning to expand to make it accessible to Spanish and
Hmong speakers after the pilot. We are looking for bilingual participants
and coaches to be involved in the pilot and to assist with the later expansion.

Please distribute widely

GRASSROOTS LEADERSHIP COLLEGE

Developing grassroots leaders by building skills and relationships in a
supportive and challenging environment.

Informational Meeting
Thursday, March 6th    6:30-8:00pm
Catholic Multicultural Center (St. Martin House)
1862 Beld St. (S. Park St., east on Wingra Dr., right on Beld St.)

Childcare and Transportation Provided
Please RSVP (441-0085)

Why a Grassroots Leadership College?
Madison has a long history of community and neighborhood involvement, yet not everyone feels as though they have a voice in the issues that affect them. The goal of the Grassroots Leadership College is to help people build the skills it takes to improve their neighborhoods and community.

What is the Grassroots Leadership College?
A hands-on opportunity to learn and contribute, designed to enhance the skills needed for neighborhood organizing and leadership. Topics to be
covered will include Diversity, Managing Conflict, Recruitment and
Retention, Running Effective Meetings, Fundraising, and Understanding
Leadership, among others.  Participants will have the opportunity to help shape the content of each session.

Who is the Grassroots Leadership College for?
People who are leaders and people who want to become leaders.  People from all walks of life who are interested in improving their neighborhoods and community.  Childcare, transportation, and community meals will be
available.

How do I get involved?
The Grassroots Leadership College is scheduled to begin in April 2003.  Applications are available through Madison's Planning Councils (East Isthmus Neighborhoods Planning Council: 204-0834; Northside Planning
Council: 242-6378; South Metropolitan Planning Council: 261-9928).

Questions?
Contact Amy Mondloch, the Grassroots Leadership College Coordinator, at
441-0085 or email [log in to unmask]

Grassroots Leadership College  1321 E. Mifflin Street, Suite 201 Madison, WI 53703

Funded by United Way of Dane County, Madison Gas & Electric and the City of Madison

In Community,

Rebecca Krantz, Facilitator
East Isthmus Neighborhoods Planning Council
1321 E. Mifflin St. Suite 201
Madison, WI 53703
(608) 204-0834

"I have chosen the responsibility to change society, but I also choose to
be intelligent in the way I do it.  The future needs me, well-rested,
well-nourished, and well-exercised. If I am not enjoying what I am doing, then there is something wrong with how I am doing it and I will correct it."   World Changer's Commitment, Harvey Jackins.