VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Cj Sampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 17:16:25 -0600
Hello list,

I was probably too brief last time, so here is a better explanation of the
exciting breakthroughs you can gain from consultations together. I will consult
you as to how to purchase, what to purchase, and most importantly how to
configure an off the shelf light weight laptop so that the battery will last all
day. There are several laptops to choose from on the regular market (by the way,
you need a screen so you can work with your sighted peers). But depending on
your specific needs, we will assess what hardware and even what software may be
best for you. You may already have the software you need. Many years of market
research and user testing has resulted in learnign the complicated techniqes
that allow a powerful laptop to last all day, but I can consult you as to how to
do it in a matter of hours. You can add a portable Braille display and for you
low vision folks, a camera can be integrated into the laptop or separate so you
can use your laptop as your magnifier and be completely mobile and not have to
deal with the high costs of specailized cameras and their low quality as
compared to mainstream cameras that I will show you how to use. I will also show
you how to scan as you walk if you want. I usually scan after I sit down, but
sometimes people hand me a piece of paper and I want to scan it in immediately,
you can do this. Internet can also be fully mobile. Access maps and directions
and bus schedules and well, you know the potential on the web. You must have the
right bags and such to do this, and years of research have paid off in this area
too. It has changed my life not having to deal with specialized blind and low
vision hardware and operating systems, and I am competitive and even more
capable than most of my fully sighted peers technologically. It will make a huge
difference in your life or the lives of people you know and work with. To
achieve this level of capability, it has taken thousands in trial and error and
years of experinece, but I will show you in a matter of hours. So emial me and
we can work on the phone or emial, or enen in person if you will fly me out, but
that is usually not necessary. I wil give a free preliminary consultation to
assess your needs and explain what I can do for you.

CJ Sampsonq