VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Lisa McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:01:35 -0500
Hi,

I would like to have any input on this matter that anyone can give me.  I
have never used ICQ before, but I just downloaded the icq lite version.  I
am using windows 98 and window eyes 4.2.  I believe that I downloaded the
set files for ICQ from my window eyes 4.2 disc, but I am not 100 percent
sure.  It is very difficult for me to use.  Every time I boot up the
computer ICQ automatically comes up and displays a dialog box and then
closes in 30 seconds.  Then it stays open running near the clock.  As far
as I can tell there is no way to just have it open when you want to open
it.  But it seems to be clogging up the MSA for window eyes.  After I am on
the internet for a while doing a search the MSA can at any time stop
MSA on or off by using shift, control, A it brings up the dialog box with
different button options in it to use for ICQ.  Then you have difficulty
closing it and then you can not go to a new web page because it won't load
the new page.  I have not read the ICQ manual on their website so I don't
know how exactly it works, but if anyone can shed any light on this
conflicting problem for me between window eyes 4.2 and ICQ I would
appreciate it.  If it can not have a remedy to work with the MSA then I
need to know that too so I can uninstall it.  If anyone wants to get in
touch with me privately about this matter that would be fine too.  Thank
you very much.

Lisa