VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:41:13 -0700
7bit
From:
Sun Sounds of Arizona <[log in to unmask]>
I have XM in my car.  I have found the XM web site totally useless for
finding out what is on what.  The station display is LCD and also totally
inaccessible.  ON the plus side:  in my case I have two different ways to
find specific channels.  First off, the tuning knob is has detents, so if I
know where I am starting from, I can count channels. The easier way, though
probably not available to most people, is I can push a button and say, "xm
channel 40" or what ever, and the car radio verifies what I said using
synthetic speech, and then tunes to that channel.

Bill