Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Andrew Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:26:53 -0800
Hello, all,

New guy here. I'm a 37-year-old at-home dad in Western
Massachusetts. I'm planning to give paleo eating a
try, and I have a few questions I hope you can answer.

How long did it take for you to notice health benefits
(weight loss, energy increase, abatement of any
disease symptoms you were trying to get rid of) after
beginning paleo eating?

Does anyone live in a "mixed diet" household, and how
do you manage with it? My wife has been vegetarian for
15 years, and is having a hard time getting her mind
around meat being cooked in the house. (We currently
eat veg at home, and I eat meat when we're out.) She's
also very concerned about increased food costs, since
we'll essentially be buying two sets of groceries, and
meat costs a lot more than the beans and pasta we've
been living on.

She does acknowledge that, unlike her, I simply do not
thrive on a high-carb diet, and she accepts that
simple calorie-cutting doesn't necessarily lead to
long-term weight loss. (I have a lifetime of diets and
a 3X body to show for that!) I've shown her some of
the sites that led me to consider the paleodiet in the
first place, including a few that address heart
disease, diabetes, and the advantages of low-carb
diets. But she is having a hard time shaking the
mainstream "fat bad, carbs good" view. Any advice on
things to give her to read, or success stories to
share?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Drew Campbell

=====