ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
JULIE MELTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:40:18 -0700
Hey, Brad:

Pipe organs have been a part of worship since at least the 1500's.  Back
before electricity,several people were needed to pump the bellows on the
organ while someone else played.  It was quite an undertaking, from what I
understand.

Just a clarification on Hammonds; they are not pipe organs.  They use tubes
instead.  Also, now many churches use digital organs based on pipe organ
samples.  THe main reason is that it's cheaper.

As for not liking pipe organ music, nobody's perfect, loll.

Julie
visit me at
www.heart-and-music.com
Keep smiling!