C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:08:29 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: ISRAEL21c Editor [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 06:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: THIS WEEK: Israel's Paralympic team strikes gold

       This week at ISRAEL21c                Issue # 169
Week of September 27, 2004

Welcome to this week's edition of the ISRAEL21c newsletter - we hope our
feature articles on Israeli advancements in health, technology and
democracy will create a greater awareness about the vibrant Israel which
exists beyond headlines of conflict.

 Israeli athletes strike gold at World Paralympic Games
Israel's 24-person team at the Athens World Paralympics has achieved
stunning success - the result of sheer determination, and an indication
to the extent to which the country's institutions have aided their road
to recovery.

 Israel's AppliCure untangles the Web
Millions of Americans effectively use web applications every day, but
those same applications also leave a company's database wide open to
attack and infiltration. That's where AppliCure's TotalShield steps to
the plate with its novel permission-based security system.

 Israeli study: Vitamin E helps hearing loss recovery
Each year some 4,000 Americans report the onset of sudden hearing loss.
Until now, doctors used a 'kitchen sink' approach to treatment, but
Israeli researchers have shown that a daily dosage of Vitamin E is
effective in helping to regain the hearing. The rest of the world is now
listening.

 Israeli Arab goes from fixing tractors to fixing brains
He began to think mechanically while fixing farm equipment at his
father's garage, but Nazareth resident Nabeel Abu Nassar had bigger
plans. His company NAN Instruments produces computer controlled
microelectrodes that are helping to change the face of American brain
research.

 Adding Israeli democracy to the three 'R's
The Citizens' Empowerment Center in Israel (CECI) is intent on
rectifying what it sees as the number one problem in Israeli society -
the lack of knowledge among the population about Israeli democracy, and
the rights and responsibilities of a citizen living in such a democracy.

 A lesson for us all
Thanks, Madonna, for coming to Israel and sparking awareness.

Israeli air force pilot technology is being used to train American
college basketball players. Learn other interesting facts about Israel

Do you have a fact about Israel you'd like to share with our readers?
E-mail it to [log in to unmask]

Israel21c is a non-political, non-partisan California based-corporation
organized under Section 501(c)(3) of federal tax law. Donations to
Israel21c are tax deductible in the manner prescribed by law. You can
help Israel21c educate people about the Israel that exists beyond the
conflict by giving a tax deductable gift of any size. Thank you in
advance for your generosity.

For more information about ISRAEL21c and how you can help our efforts,
to give us feedback on our site or to submit story ideas, please e-mail
us at [log in to unmask]

We are grateful for the story ideas and the reader feedback you are
sending our way and we hope that you continue to do so. As usual, we
hope you will continue to tell your friends and colleagues about our
efforts and point more and more readers to register at our site at
www.israel21c.org.

You are currently subscribed to this list as: [log in to unmask]
If you wish to be removed from the ISRAEL21c mailing list please send a
blank email to