BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 08:29:45 -0400
From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
C T Brown wrote:

>I think the window of your truck had met a mailbox

Ah, yes... a good reason to avoid driving while under the influence. My
little brother came out to visit on Bird Cemetary Road and he wanted me
to go into town with him and carouse. Which we did. It was on the way
back we were a bit tipsy beyond the limit and it began to rain.
Undaunted we pressed on. I should have thought to stop when I did the
180 on the culvert bridge. But I was amazed at my driving abilities and
we kept on. The mailbox. It was not a simple mailbox, it was attached
firmly to a 55 gallon drum full of concrete and I plowed into it,
glanced off of it and kept going. Good thing VI was not riding in the
back playing his pipes, he would have been hurled. My brother, who had
dozed off, woke up with a start, "What the hell was that?" "Nothing
much. I think I hit a mailbox." The windshield on his side was smashed
in, the tire bumper and fender on his side were smashed in, and the tire
was quite flat and the truck, a green GMC, bounced up and down more than
it had. I drove to the house and parked and we crashed. This was before
I was 30 and could not be trusted any longer.

][<en