Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:39:13 -0600

IMPORTANT

I have posted incorrect information.

In Canada, the allergen labelling policy is only voluntary.

My apologies -- another list member has rightly pointed out my error.

She says, "I believe that the CFIA Labelling policy is currently voluntary
for the food
industry to participate in and the policy was developed to be a
precautionary measure to get the top allergens defined as you pointed out so
they can be put on labels.  It is great to see some vendors adapting the
policy however it is not law as of yet and it cannot be enforced."

Janice.