Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Linda Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:31:35 -0500

Hi Listmates,
 After seeing the posts about Donato Pizza I thought I would stop and check
out the low carb pizza.
 The shift manager at the Wooster, Ohio Donatos was very friendly and
helpful. He actually got a package of the soy chips (which are Genisoy
brand), opened them and showed me the chips (and bag) and explained that
they crush them to make the crust. There is only the personal size
available in these (The works, veggie, mariachi, serious meat and pepperoni
(or your own combo).
 He also went to the office and brought out a paper which lists not only
the GLUTEN CONTAINING choices but also list many other types allergens and
sensitivies for people. The lists contains items under Yellow #5, Fish,
Corn (by type: dry corn, oil or syrup), Eggs, MSG (there is none), Tree
Nuts, Sulfides, Peanuts (there is none), Aspartame/Phenylaline, Celery,
Daiy, Soy Protien and Soy Oil.
 The items to stay away from for gluten are: Gold Standard (thin) dough,
Gold Standard (traditional) dough, Hot Proof (thin) dough, Breadsticks,
French Sub Roll, Steak Seasoning, White Pizza Sauce, Streusel Topping and
Croutons. He said he knew there was no rye in anything even though it was
not stated under the heading of where gluten was found.
 My husband is eating low carb and he said he could save a few more carbs
by making the pizza without the soy chips.
 I commended him for Donatos being so aware of food sensitivies for people.
I ordered the pizza and tuscan chicken salads to take home. Next time I can
order and use the drive-up window snce I know what I can have.
Linda