From:
Karen Cockrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:58:49 EST

I have a question regarding what we as consumers can do about the fact that
the FDA has again started holding up food shipments from Canada.  I placed an
order with Glutino, certainly not the first time I've ordered from them, on
Nov. 5.  They shipped the order on Nov. 7.  When I tracked the order today on the
UPS web site I found that the shipment is still in New York, being held by
the FDA.  When I spoke to Glutino, I was told that the FDA is pressuring them
again and holding up lots of their orders.   She said this has happened more and
more frequently since 9/11.   She assured me that they would replace or
credit my account with any food items that are not fresh enough when they finally
arrive.   But that means of course, calling them to say the order is one big
box of mold, them refilling the order and shipping it and the chance that
customs and the FDA will hold it up again. Darn it, this makes me mad!!  I'm aware
that my country is just trying to "protect me from all the bad people in the
world", but this is overkill.   Glutino suggested that I complain to Customs -
I'm not sure how to go about that.  Has anyone else had any experience with
this problem?  Guess I'll write to my dear Senator and Congressmen again!!

Karen in Missouri