From:
Caroline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:14:01 -0500

I really enjoy this recipe, it made a difference for me as far as desserts go.

Rasberry-almond squares

2 cups + 3 quarters of a cup of ground almond
3 quarters of a cup of brown sugar
One cup rice flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 quarters of a cup butter or margarine
One egg, beaten
half a teaspoon of salt
half a cup of rasberry jam
3 tablespoons of grated coconut

Beat together margerine (or butter), egg and brown sugar. Add ground almond, rice flour, cornstarch and salt. Mix well, press mixture in a buttered 13 X 9 inch dish. Bake 12 minutes at 350 F. Once cooled, spread a thin layer of rasberry jam on almond mixture. Sprinkle coconut on top.Cut in 30 squares and serve.

Caroline