From:
brucevculver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
brucevculver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:09:44 -0400

This was sent to me from Kraft regarding the Balance bars:

Thanks for visiting our Web site, and for your inquiry about Balance Bars
and gluten intolerance.

Our policy is to always label the gluten containing ingredients (e.g.,
wheat, barley, rye, triticale,

oats and spelt) in our ingredient statement. In addition, we provide
"Allergen Information" in a

statement separate from the ingredient statement; consumers who cannot
consume gluten should

check both places.

If an allergen (e.g., wheat) does not exist in our formulation but the
products are manufactured on

shared equipment, it is our Policy to include it in an Allergy Information
statement. BALANCE

Oasis Bars have gluten-containing ingredients such as wheat, rolled oats,
barley malt, and malted

barley flour. Also, the ingredient "grain dextrins" in BALANCE Outdoor
Crunchy Peanut covers

a wide variety of grains, except corn, barley, buckwheat, kamut, oats, rye,
triticale and wheat.

Also, regarding milk, if milk is included in our product -- in any amount it
will be listed in the

ingredient line.

Please be aware that formulations may change and the best source of
information is the

ingredient line.

We hope that this has provided you with the information that you need.
Please add our site to

your bookmarks and visit us again soon!

Ref: 5489214N

I have 3 family members with Celiac Disease. Are any of your bars gluten
free? AND are any of your bars dairy free?