From:
John Loc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:39:09 -0500
I have a system with Window XP Home Edition installed, 512 MB of DDR Ram, 60 GB of HD, etc...Recently, I could not log into the internet. Each time I try to logon into the internet, my system reboot itself. I do some of the check list on my system and found out that my Modem, the Display Adapter, and my USB ports are all using the same IRQ 16. I assume that there will be a conflict whenever two of the three devices I mentioned above are in operate at the same time. I have several questions that maybe someone could help me out or point me to the right direction:
1. How does a system itself suddenly set up in the way that the IRQ for the devices mentioned above each have an IRQ 16?
2. Where is IRQ 16 coming from? Should there be only 16 IRQ in each system? and it start at IRQ 0-IRQ 15? I'm confused.
3. Most importantly, how do I change
 my IRQ in the modem to IRQ 3 or IRQ 4?
Any help would greatly be appreciate.

Thank you.