From:
GeorgeMary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 06:28:28 -0700
I'm not sure if you want to format & put Windows and linux on the same
disc or just format to use the spare with windows.  If you want to put
the 2 side by side, most linux distributions will let you edit the
partitions so you can fit them on the same disc during setup.  They
detect the windows installation and offer alternatives.  It will put the
boot manager on the drive and you can boot either linux or windows
If you want to format the spare for windows, it depends on the system.
With XP you can delete the partition with the disc manager (right click
"My computer" and chose "Manage") and go into disc management.  You can
delete the partition or drive and format it as NTFS or FAT.  If you have
win9x you can use Fdisk and  format the drive.  Usual disclaimer........
Back up your data before in case anything goes wrong.    HTH   George

--
George&Mary Skokan ([log in to unmask])

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml