From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:00:57 -0600
I also had this problem when adding a pc2100 ram stick on an ECS K7SOM+
motherboard. The only difference between the sticks is that the original has
chips on it, and the new one had 8. After removing the new stick, the
machine booted normally, so I tried swapping positions, same result. Then
tried the 8 chip stick alone, and no boot at all. A call to Crucial, and a
bit of arguing, they finally sent me a 4 chip stick, and everything works
fine, including bios recognition. A logical assumption is that the sticks
need to match exactly, and the 8 chip just is not compatible with this
board.

My two cents...

Dean Kiley