From:
James Baird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:40:43 -0600
Derek, I have the ME-320U2 enclosure, same except no firewire, that I bought from Dealsonic. Additionaly I have bought, at different times, several midtower cases, fans, etc., from them with no problem.  I use the ME-320 enclosure differently than you envision.  I use it to easily copy files/folders from one computer to another.  Using it I don't have to install networking cards, software, etc., in a temporary computer.  The HDD is easily installed using the bottom mounting holes.  Since my use is temporary, I don't close the case so I don't know how effective the quiet fan is.  If you are going to permanently install a HDD, look for some screws with large heads or washers.  The mounting slots in the bottom of the enclosure are a little wide.  The screws hold, but I would feel more comfortable with larger heads if I was going to be moving the enclosure around a lot.

Jim Baird