From:
Joe Trimarchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:24:04 -0500
I have a Lexmark Z51 printer and the color cartridge always needs cleaning.
At first I thought it was a faulty cartridge so pitched it and replaced it
with a new one. If I don't print in color every 24 hours or so it seems to
dry out and need cleaning. I remove the cartridge and wipe it with a damp
paper towel and all seems ok. If I don't print in color for a day I have to
do it over again as the color printing will be streaking and not even close
to what it should be or will be with a clean printer head. I'm about to
pitch the whole printer as I find Lexmark cartridges to be extremely
expensive for the amount of printing they produce. I'm considering replacing
with either a Canon or Epson that have 6 or 7 ink cartidges. Before I do
does anyone have any suggested resolution to this problem.

Thanks,

Joe

---