From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:08:58 -0500
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What I'm still not clear on is that if starches refuel glycogen stores
>necessary for high intensity anaerobic exercise better than simple sugars
>such as fruit -- then what can one use for starch other than sweet potatoes
>that is still considered paleo??

Earlier today, one of the members (Jens Wilkinson) suggested cashew nuts to
thicken sauces. That caught my interest because starch is the active
ingredient in thickening of many sauces. The USDA Nutrient Database
revealed that there's about 25 g starch per 100 g cashew nut. Sounds to me
like a good source of starch. However, you'll get around 45 g fat at the
same time. Not that fat is bad, but maybe tha
t's not what you're after.

Sorry if you already knew all that.
Fredrik