From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:25:38 -0700
>At the beginning of December, my nutritionist advised me to eat a lot of
>grains and beans.

If memory serves, we have a couple of nutritionists on this list who are
clearly enlightened, so there are exceptions to the rule.  But by and large,
these people drive me NUTS!  It's the same thing over and over again -- the
food pyramid.  Oh, but they want you to eat 'complex' carbs and 'whole'
foods.  Big diddly deal.  Carbs, carbs, more carbs, a teeny weeny bit of
meat and as little fat as possible doesn't cut it.  This formula is chock
full of foreign proteins and too many carbs for all but a select few.  For
someone who's hyperinsulinemic, complex carbs and whole grains don't do jack
squat.  Fruits are all but poison for me.

Ennyhoo, I've concocted a saying that seems to work: only you know what's
right for you.  Looks like you've found it.  Enjoy!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

Create your own personal Web page with the info you use most, at My MSN.