C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 09:54:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: ISRAEL21c Editor [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 08:51
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: THIS WEEK: Medicine without needles, saving children, and an
emissary via the commissary

 <http://www.israel21c.org/bin/en.jsp?enPage=HomePage>
  <http://www.israel21c.org/Static/images/transparent.gif>
       This week at ISRAEL21c                Issue # 167
Week of September 13, 2004
  <http://www.israel21c.org/Static/images/transparent.gif>
  <http://www.israel21c.org/Static/images/transparent.gif>

  <http://www.israel21c.org/Static/Images/transparent.gif>
Welcome to this week's edition of the ISRAEL21c newsletter - we hope our
feature articles on Israeli advancements in health, technology and
democracy will create a greater awareness about the vibrant Israel which
exists beyond headlines of conflict.

<http://www.israel21c.org/Static/Images/newsletter/newsletter_this.gif>

<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l775&enZone=Health

<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l775&enZone=Health
> Israeli device to make needles obsolete
A hand-held device developed by researchers from Ben-Gurion University
of the Negev and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is
revolutionizing drug delivery by painlessly administering medications
through microscopic pores in the skin. The future is now.

<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l776&enZone=Democr
acy>
<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l776&enZone=Democr
acy> Israeli doctors treat Palestinian children in 'Saving Children'
project
Thanks to a new partnership of Palestinian and Israeli pediatricians,
hundreds of Palestinian children have been treated by Israeli doctors.
Nearly 200 of 580 children that were referred have already undergone
major surgery at Israeli hospitals at no cost to the families.

<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l777&enZone=Techno
logy>
<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l777&enZone=Techno
logy> A new Israeli approach to computer viruses - let the worms in!
SecureOL's technology uses a new approach to computer viruses, worms and
Trojan horses called 'security by virtualization' - it lets them come
in! But once inside, their program contains the virus and also protects
users from intellectual property theft, cyber crime, and cyber
terrorism.

<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l778&enZone=Profil
es>
<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l778&enZone=Profil
es> An Israeli emissary via the commissary
Israeli chef Oren Pe'er earned his stripes the old fashioned way,
studying and working his way up through the ranks of illustrious
kitchens of Israel and Europe. Today, he's making waves in Boston, where
this summer his culinary creations were the talk of the Democratic
National Convention.

<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l779&enZone=Cultur
e>
<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Articles^l779&enZone=Cultur
e> Israel sends animals to Palestinian zoo in gesture of cooperation
Putting political differences aside, staff of Israel's Ramat Gan Safari
last week transferred three lions, an ibex desert goat and two zebras to
a Palestinian zoo in Kalkilya - an act that bodes well for both the
animal kingdom future Israeli-Palestinian cooperation in other fields.

 <http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Views^l148&enZone=Views>
<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enDispWho=Views^l148&enZone=Views>
Waiting for Nanot
Time, patience, and wisdom will reveal that Israel has the real
nano-stuff.

  <http://www.israel21c.org/Static/Images/newsletter/newsletter_did.gif>

A group of 40 American sheriffs were in Israel last week to learn about
Israeli counter-terrorism techniques.
<http://www.israel21c.org/link.jsp?enPage=BlankPage&enDisplay=view&enDis
pWhat=Zone&enZone=Facts> Learn other interesting facts about Israel

Do you have a fact about Israel you'd like to share with our readers?
E-mail it to  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

<http://www.israel21c.org/bin/en.jsp?enPage=BlankPage&enDisplay=view&enD
ispWhat=Zone&enZone=OurMission&enInfolet=donate.jsp> Israel21c is a
non-political, non-partisan California based-corporation organized under
Section 501(c)(3) of federal tax law. Donations to Israel21c are tax
deductible in the manner prescribed by law. You can help Israel21c
educate people about the Israel that exists beyond the conflict by
giving a tax deductable gift of any size. Thank you in advance for your
generosity.

<http://www.israel21c.org/Static/Images/newsletter/newsletter_contact.gi
f>
For more information about ISRAEL21c and how you can help our efforts,
to give us feedback on our site or to submit story ideas, please e-mail
us at  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

We are grateful for the story ideas and the reader feedback you are
sending our way and we hope that you continue to do so. As usual, we
hope you will continue to tell your friends and colleagues about our
efforts and point more and more readers to register at our site at
<http://www.israel21c.org/bin/en.jsp?enPage=HomePage> www.israel21c.org.

You are currently subscribed to this list as: [log in to unmask]
If you wish to be removed from the ISRAEL21c mailing list please send a
blank email to
 <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

  <http://www.israel21c.org/Static/Images/transparent.gif>