C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:43:08 -0400
Hi Kathy,

  One thing that struck me strange here is "magna cum laude undergraduate double major from the University of Texas" - Why doesn't she know how to write papers? Why is a C suddenly okay? Cum Laude is a 3.5 grade point average - the next levels are summa and then magna ( i think in that order) - to get those kinds of grades you need to be a mostly A student. So something here does not have the ring of truth to it. I think you must maintain a B average in grad school - I have to. While a C in something you really suck at but must take is understandable - but I gather this was maybe more than one C? Maybe she is trying to take to many courses at once? One wonders what her double majors where? Law is much more difficult than many other majors. Mostly I am wondering at the level of work allowed at the University of Texas - if her papers are now not proper? If admits the errors - why didn't she correct them? Why know something is wrong and still do it?

                              Trisha