C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:13:44 -0400
Hello, Rebecca,

I'm Kat, a 51-year old spastic paraplegic CP living and working in NC as an
HRIS Analyst.  I live in my own flat, drive a car and manage quite well on my
own.  The only thing I get help with is my housecleaning (which I'd probably
need even if I weren't disabled as I'm rather messy!).

I was born and raised in Los Angeles, Calif and went to a school for
physically disabled children, Charles LeRoy Lowman Elementary School. I was
mainstreamed in Junior High and remained mainstreamed for the rest of my
school years, even when we moved to NC when I was 15.

I was born 3 months early and so was diagnosed with CP when I was quite young,
6 months, I think.

Kat