C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:21:20 EST
Hello,
Can anyone on this list recommend some good disability rights lawyers in
Oregon, specifically in the Willamette Valley or Portland?

The state has cut our son's caregiver budget by $1300 dollars/month and his
caseworker, who is absolutely wonderful, suggested we might be a test case.
The Legal Aid and Advocay Groups are very very very busy, and one of the groups'
spokesperson told me that they'd never won a case against the state yet.

For my son to lose this funding will mean a blow to his self confidence.  It
will also take away his freedom, something that at age 21 and a college
student, he needs to have.

Any information would be very helpful.

Thank you very much.
Judi Kloper
mom to Dana, college student, wonderful son, and beholder of charming
personality~
who also has quadriplegic cerebral palsy and a bialteral hearing loss.

Thou hast made me known
to friends whom I knew not.
Thou has given me seats in homes not my own.
Thou has brought the distance near
and made a brother of the stranger.
-Tagore