C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Norris Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:20:47 -0800
the african american will never make it in this country
not because they have not tryed but because the road blocks in front of
most african american are too tall to climb ..
let me give you an example
the SAT's test
the Calif high school exam
you have to give these kids the skills before they can past these things
african americans are not getting the schools
the school district of oakland calif cannot afford computers most of the school district of oakland is african american and asian american .. .. in american you have to have a computer to make it now in college .. so these kids in oakland are one step behind already ..
the walls of the schools in oakland are falling .. the light in some classrooms do not work this is real not fiction how can any child learn in these situation..
while only 30 miles north in walnut creek calif .. every student in the class has a computer at his or her desk
this is not fair and it starts the spiral down path for some children who do not have the strengh or help to get them by this ..these kids do not have the support system nor do they have the parental support ... these are serious problems..
when america address  these economic and political issues we are always going to see america in black and white
its who has the power and who controls it ...
its rich and poor
its have and have not
and yes its disabled and non disabled
look i dont like what micheal jackson did
i dont like what o.j. simpson did
i dont like what woody allen did
i dont like what mr peterson did
i dont respect them either
but it happens in every community
african american males have alot of pressure on them from day to day
how many of you been stop by a policeman ?
just because your black
i have many times and its not right
one time in oakland with guns drawn on me. why because i look like
another black man in a wheelchair .. if i had moved i could have been shot to death by mistake and that scares the hell out of me
i mean come on, these policeman are pulling a gun on a disabled person in a wheelchair
does this make sense ?
its not fair and it should stop

Michael Collis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Gary,
The only way to get respect is to earn it. I haven't seen anything from
Jackson deserving of respect in a long time. I respect African
American men, Malcolm X, Michael Jordan, Eddie Murphy, George Washington
Carver, Booker T. Wadhington, Martin L.King, Morgan Freeman Denzel
Washington, Wesley Snipes, Colin Powell, and Douglas Wilder are all
examples of men, African American men, I respect.

I expect most Americans have the same feelings about Scott Peterson as
they do for Michael Jackson, and he is Caucasian American. Why is it
that 65% of prisoners in the penal sysatem are African American? I can
give some hints, but you aren't going to like them. Lack of role
models, lack of a father, lack of history, and lack of a sense of
responsibility have all contributed to this. Why is it that you are not
behind bars? Most crime on African Americans are caused by African
Americans. Why? I think there's more to this than simple prejudice.
That doesn't mean I'm letting Caucasians off the hook, but think there's
much more to it than that.

Gary Norris Gray wrote:
> thank you deri
> thats what i'm talking about
> and americans have always put a bull eyes on many african american men
> why is that 65 % residence of the american penial system are african american men
> that is not by coinsidense....
> micheal jackson maybe guilty but most of america has him tried and convicted already.
> guilty until tried..

gary norris gray