C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:42:32 -0500
Hi Mag,

   This is great. Amber has her own saving account since was really little also - and next year - I will open a joint account checking - (since she will still be under 18) for her - as I said this January we embark on the budget learning stuff. Amber works for a friends mother - helping her clean and tutoring her daughter when she needs it. Oh and both girls do grade test papers for me - I had forgotten - they think that's great fun.

I have never paid they kids for what they do around the house - I think it sets a bad example - no one pays me to do house work, take of the kids - etc. That's my responsibilty, and they as they live there they have a responsibilty to help - voluntarily. Or I get to charge them for parenting and rent and food etc. I like the barter system better - I fix dinner - you set the table. The team work approach.

                                            Trisha