C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:31:45 -0400
Subject: Re: People First and Other Disabled Programs

Cleveland area has nothing like this.
<snip>

That's because they would have to have umbrella's and heaters and maybe even
sails for those truly windy days<grin>.  I'm from the Cleveland area and
have seen three wheel and hand pumped bikes down on the Metropark trails.
Down here the elderly ride the three wheelers so, they are fairly common at
the regular bike shops.  Accessiblity and recreational activities are mixed
down here.

Beth t>

The only time I have seen handbikes
around here is when the Rite-Aid Cleveland Marathon and 10K race occurs
every
April.  I'm planning to get a three wheel bike on my own.  It'll be over
$600
due to having a trailer attached for Susan.  I'm tired of walking to the
store
having my backpacks loaded with groceries and straining my arms.  I have two
carry every day.  One for me and one for Susan.  Diaper bags are not strong
enough and not made for guys to carry.