BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 05:17:28 -0400
> ... which did not work out too well as I left off yesterday with three
> proposals promised by Monday not yet finished.

Make the 4 proposals... I've not finished my first cup of coffee yet...
rewarmed in the micro-nuker.

I found out this week that Stanford White's grandson is a nuclear
physicist at Brookhaven Labs.
I might, just might, get to meet him.

I can ask him about the veracity of the story regarding the cesium that
was used to irradiate the experimental tobacco field at the lab. Seems
they had a pipe with a cable running through it in some fashion and they
would raise or lower the cesium to expose it to the field. I've been to
the lab on open house day and I can believe that they might do something
like this. Whenever an agrarian type wanted to enter the field they
would lower the cesium. One day something went wrong, which is amazing
because they were using technology... but the cable got stuck and they
were not able to lower the cesium. This is not good because I suppose
there were weeds or something growing in with the tobacco plants. Talk
about glowing worms and one-eyed serpents with night vision? So,
anyways, one of the "scientists" was also a marksman, we hope, and they
brought him in and stuck him behind some hay bales for life safety if
not at least theatrical reasons where he shot at the cable supporting
the cesium until such time as the cable was broken and the cesium
dropped. Sounds fishy to me. The punchline is that Brookhaven Labs is
the only place in the world where humans try to give tobacco cancer.
Smoke this!

][<