From:
Dave Hillebrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 21:47:28 -0400
i also found the advanced to be much more difficult than the others. infact,
it was the only test that i actually failed the first time i took it. Seond
time i was extremely well prepared but not being into the theory side too
much anyway, i found it really strong on theory and more math where extra
had some of that but a lot of rues and regs which i think are really more
important anyway. i have no problem with some of the restructuring of
license, mostly because have met many people who are good hams that may not
have gotten into it if things were different but definitely more difficult
back when i had to go 85 miles to take the general. The FCC actually did
have the test in braille though so have to give them credit for that and
this was backin in 1974. Dave W4CI