From:
Dave Hillebrandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:34:33 -0500
yes, you are right about the lDG and already have one but this MFJ does
sound a bit better and definitely gives you much more information which
could be handy. i assume it will tell you SWR before the tune. only run 100
watts so would certainly do the trick and sounds very similar to LDG except
for that speech readout but that is the biggie. Thanks for info as well and,
like i need it, think i've found something else to get. using an omni 6 plus
and no auto tuner so got lDG about three or four months ago. The price does
not sound unreasonable and mFJ definitely knows about SWR meters so probably
a darn good one. They've been at it long enough. The k2 is probably next big
purchase but figure i will wait a couple years til they finish coming out
with all these cool extras that speak or send CW at least. The Omni is great
rig but nothing besides frequency readout is in speech and think that
stinks. My TS570 speaks everything under the sun.