Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:23:41 -0600

terri wrote,
   >I was an active traffic handler in the 1980s on the 2 meter NTS net.
   >I'd write down all the messages using my good old brailler.
   >I also was a trafic handler and an NCS on the Golden Bear net, but
   >there wasn't much traffic there except at Christmas time.
I used to check into the GOlden bear net on 3975 occasionally when I
lived in Iowa and could reach out there with my 100 watts and a
vertical.  I heard some traffic going by, now this was a year or two
ago.  NOt like the '70's but some.  sOunded like a well run net.

I'd be listening to the warm-up session for MIdwest country cousins
and I"d slip up there and check in.  was able to make a correction one
night on a message that was coming out of the midwest.  Just so
happened I had put the same message on central area from region
earlier that day and in transit somewhere the phone number got
garbled.  I was able to refer to my copy and explain that I'd sent it
to a certain individual who'd then put it on region 6 from whence it
came to the golden bear net.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania