From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:11:54 -0800
Hi Jim. I've been off h f for a few years due to
antenna problems and rig problems, need some new tubes
for my ft 101,so I'm not active in it now, but I
started out in the early 90's on a local 2 meter net
back in Arizona, actually it wasn't so local because
the repeater was 7000 feet and commanded a huge area
from Prescott to the Phoenix area and some stations in
the California desert checked in now and then. I was
net control for a year or 2, I also checked in to the
75 meter local net and some region nets when I could,
which wasn't regular cuz I had t v i problems. I
checked in to various nets on 75 and 40 phone
sporadically for a couple years after I moved out here
to Kansas, and that's about it.