From:
shawn klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:50:35 -0800
Yeah, I've wondered what that would feel like, had my
first experience with 60 HZ when I was about 5.
Plugging in my clock radio, accidently touched both
prongs, though I didn't know at the time that you have
to touch both of them to get zapped, it scared me in
to being very carefull from then on. Remember how
weird it felt, like waves running from fingertips to
wrist.
Several years ago back in Arizona the group I was with
at field day used a military generator. They just
plugged in the Astron and 440 with out any converter.
Didn't hear any 400 HZ whine on the receiver at all.
Don't know if anybody heard it on the other end, if
they did they didn't say. Field day's such a noisy
environment most folks probably don't notice those
things anyway.
I read something a while back on a web-page with e l f
recordings in the a f range of whistlers and other
plasma wave phenomena, said that the noise from power
lines was much less in Europe than in the U.S. cuz
they have stricter standards there, and they make sure
things stay grounded. It also said you need to get at
least a mile from any lines to get good recordings in
that range with out that buzz.