Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Aarn & Dian Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 20:29:12 -0600
I have had a "hard wired" network for about three years with 3 pc's.  I
recently purchased a Dell running XP and have used it to replace my master
pc.  So, now I want to run the same network with the new Dell with XP as the
"master pc" and the other 2 running 98 as the clients (is that the right
word?)  The 2 old pc's on the network running 98 both see each other and
neither see the new pc.  The new pc doesn't see them either.
I have hooked the new pc up with the cable and stuff and run the network
setup thing in XP a few times and followed all of the directions and can't
seem to make them find each other.
I know a good bit about pc's but, I don't know anything when it comes to
Netbui and protocol stuff and I think that may be where my problem ies.  Can
anyone take a stab at it and use step by step beginner language for me to
set this thing up.  I have alot of files on the other pc's that I am in dire
need of in our small home business and daily I am pulling my hair out trying
to fix this.  I have searched the net and called Dell support (2 hours, 13
people, 2 disconnects and then they say "sorry in order for us to help we
need a credit card payment of $260.00.).  I am at my wits end.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me,
Dian

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com