Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 00:07:57 +0100
From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
On Jul 22, 2004, at 8:58 pm, Andrew Shelley wrote:
>> Any thoughts as to whether less food in general is more paleo than 3
>> consistent meals per day plus snacks?  I'm thinking occasionally
>> skipping
>> dinner or lunch may not be a bad idea...
>
> I'm not sure about less total food, but a hunter-gatherer lifestyle
> would seem
> to imply a more random pattern of food consumption, rather than 3 or 4
> meals
> at set times.

I've been thinking the same for a while.  I imagine that while
vegetables sources would be pretty reliable (fruit always grows in the
same place for a start), meat probably comes along in quite a haphazard
way.  I guess it depends what you eat- its probably easy (if you know
how!) to get a regular supply of fish but hunting deer etc would be
very hit-or-miss.  Perhaps the best way to eat meat is to over-eat one
day and then go without until you get hungry for it again.  I am
currently eating meat just once a day (the rest of my calories coming
mainly from nuts and eggs) and I've adapted to it just fine.  Eating
meat every other day would just be an extension of this.

Along a similar vein... do people in the group still get the feeling of
being full after switching to paleo?  I see to have lost that now.  I
seem to be adjusting to my new low-cal organic paleo diet as I am a lot
less hungry throughout the day (as long as I get some nuts or eggs to
keep me going), but when I eat I very rarely feel full any more.  I
certainly never get to the point where I feel I couldn't eat any more-
something I felt more intensely when I ate a lot of starchy foods.  In
fact, I can almost eat myself sick now.  I thought this was the
opposite of what a paleo diet should do to you!

Ashley