Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 02:14:51 -0400
"Tom Bridgeland" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > By eating
> > mainly red meat, poultry, raw dairy, and coconut fats,
> > my blood pressure has dropped to 94/63, pulse 55 bpm,
> > cholesterol 175. Only elite athletes exhibit numbers
> > that low.
>
> Those, except for the cholesterol, look about like my numbers.
> I wish I were elite!

What does your BP and pulse rate measure? I haven't read
or heard about many people (other than sprinters) having
pulses in the 40-60 range. My BP some times goes down as
low as 90/60, which is borderline "low". But I feel very
good (calm, relaxed, energetic, wired).

> cholesterol, which was over 200! Hdl cholesterol was 58,...
> and triglicerides 47,...the doctor freaked when he saw the
> the high number of ldl. Then my wife freaked,...they gave
> me two months to lower the number or...put me on statins!

Don't put much stock in the medical profession's ideal of
200 or less. High cholesterol is a symptom, not a disease
in itself. Doctors treat the symptoms instead of treating
the cause of disease. Many have debunked the medical view
that elevated cholesterol causes disease.

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cholesterol_myth_1.html
http://www.ravnskov.nu/cholesterol.htm
http://www.mercola.com/2001/jan/21/weston_price.htm
http://www.westonaprice.org/myths_truths/myths_truths_nutrition.html
http://www.westonaprice.org/know_your_fats/know_your_fats.html

> I would love to try raw dairy, non-paleo as it is, but have been eating
> a lot of even more non-paleo supermarket cream. I suppose that is the
> main reason my ldl number is s high. I will cut that out and see what
> effect it has on the blood test. I don't worry much myself, but I have
> to live with my wife.

High cholesterol does not predict disease very well, as
the articles above and many studies show. Triglycerides
give a much better indication, and yours sound fairly
good. Keep in mind there is good and bad LDL and HDL.
The small-dense particles like VLDL are the ones that
cause damage. Eating sugar, processed oils, and low-fat
foods is most likely to cause bad VLDL. Otherwise, we
don't need to worry about cholesterol. The body uses it
to repair tissues and arteries, not clog them.

http://www.antiaging.com/lipids.html
http://atkins.com/Archive/2002/1/11-732624.html

-Bruce Kleisner