Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:48:07 -0400
7bit
Jens Wilkinson wrote:

> The post forwarded from Prof. Cordain was a good
> perspective on the issue of alcohol. I think generally
> that alcohol can be classified as paleo if in small
> amounts, clearly, because our ancestors did consume
> it.

Yes.

> However, that doesn't mean it's good for us in
> unlimited quantities.

Yes.

As you've mentioned, human consumption of alcohol is analogous to human
consumption of salt. I'm very impressed by your analogy. It's nearly
perfect.

Several epidemiological studies published in the last 2 to 4 years have
shown that moderate drinkers live longer and healthier lives than
non-drinkers. This outcome is very difficult to explain if paleodiet theory
is false.

-gts