C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Scott Sands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:52:30 -0700
For those of you who are wondering, a corked bat is lighter than a standard
bat (because, as previously described, it's filled with cork rather than
wood), allowing the batter to swing the bat through the strike zone with
greater speed...it's not that the ball will go farther, necessarily, but the
fact that the batter can "catch up" to faster pitches, and also hit the
pitches he makes contact with harder (as his bat is going faster) that makes
using a corked bat advantageous.

Scott