From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:16:32 -0800

Oh my goodness, guys.  I was browsing through the February 2004 issue of
Parents magazine in the doctor's office the other day and stumbled upon a
story called, "The Enemy in the Pantry."  It's about a celiac mother of
four, Lisa, with two celiac sons.  It's a well written article that
really covers all the bases.  But, this poor Lisa prepares two meals for
her family -- one GF for the celiacs in her family and a regular meal for
the others.  She  has a separate section in her kitchen for dinner ware,
utensils, etc.  ARGH!  What a logistical nightmare!  I used to try to do
that too, but eventually I found it way too risky, not to mention a time
& energy consuming hassle!  (Besides I have a small kitchen.)  So I
eventually adopted the my-way-or-the-highway approach!  ha ha!  My celiac
sons & I are happier with this arrangement and the rest of the family are
happy to cooperate.  They are all very understanding and no one
complains.  They understand how critical a GF kitchen is to our well
being.  They also know that anytime they have a hankering for something
wheaty, it's satisfied with a short trip to the nearest fast food
establishment!  ha ha!
~Valerie in Tacoma

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!