Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:35:40 EDT

Dear Friends,

After receiving the note below I went to the new Panera bread shop in my
area.

The manager there told me they DEFINITELY did not have any breads that would
meet our specifications, and showed me all the nutritional writeups on bread.

She told me that the man who owns St. Louis Bread (the owner of Panera) is a
vegetarian and very interested in health issues, hence, their new line of low
carb breads/bagels developed because so many people asked for them.

She strongly suggested that we all write to Panera (www.panerabread.com)
stating our situation, the number of people we have looking for a good quality
bread, and requesting them to look into developing something. She was very
specific that the reason they now have low-carb items is because people wrote to
them requesting it.

Would someone out there who knows the number of celiacs in the U.S. please
let us know so we may include that number in our e-mails to them?  If we don't
all ask, we'll never know if they would have come up with something.   Wouldn't
it be wonderful to have delicious PANERA bread for your next meal?  Would you
please make it a priority to write  - for ALL of us?

Thank you.

Jean Foster
Bucks County, PASubj: FW: Contact Us