From:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:31:07 -0400

Cynthia Kupper asked me to forward this to the list:

The major problem people are having has to do with the knowledge of the
staff. If the staff took the time to really investigate, they would see
their mistakes. Each time a message is sent to Outback with concerns
about the GF menu, they are addressed immediately.

The brownie is absolutely GF. The recipe has no flour in it and the pan
is dusted with sugar.
The seasoning mixes - Outback as many proprietary seasoning blends they
use. The vegetable seasoning contains wheat flour. The meat seasoning
does not.

The fries - I suspect the information someone quoted by Bob Levy is old.
Bob does extensive work and research...this is his business. It is very
important to keep all your literature and resource information
up-to-date. We get calls daily asking why vinegar is not ok or about
oils that are not GF. These issues have been resolved many years, yet
the questions continue to be asked. I would encourage you to inform the
developers of information when it is old and out-dated (literature, once
written, has a way of never going away). One researcher once said - "in
celiac disease, if your information is more than 2 years old - it is
OLD."

If you have not seen the recent revision of the menu, you can download
it from the Outback Steak House website.

Again, I'd like to thank all those who have let Outback and myself know
how much you appreciate this work. Our compensation: Outback gets your
business, and I get your thank you's. There was and is no pay for this
work.

Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD
Executive Director
Gluten Intolerance Group
206-246-6652
206-246-6531 Fax
www.gluten.net

Information provided in this message is confidential. It is not meant as
medical advice. Consult your medical team for diagnostic and treatment
concerns.