From:
israel guterman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
israel guterman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 18:33:57 -0500

I received many replies - thank you very much! Unfortunately, many
discussed GF vitamins rather than GF vitamins without iodine.

The item I chose to take is Nature's Plus Nutri-Genic (Hypo-Allergenic
Multi) - available in health food stores and on-line. I Don't know if it
is helping yet.

Don't worry about iodine, that's an outdated idea about DH. If you live
in the South, Kroger stores' own brand of one-a-day multi vitamins are
GF and are cheap. ($9.99 foa a big bottle).

Try Vitamin World. They have stores in many malls and also have a
website Freeda Vitamins, Inc. makes a Quintabs vitamin that has
no iodine.

Check with GNA

Mary Kay has a vitamin

I almost always buy and use Trader Joes vitamins and other supplements.
According to their website, www.traderjoes.com, they are gluten free
with a couple of listed exceptions. You would have to check the label to
see if they contain iodine. Don't know if there is one in your part of
the country -- the website would also provide that information.

Check with Puritan Pride @ 1-800-645-1030 or www.puritan.com. I believe
all of their multi-vit.s are wheat Gluten free, but some do have iodine.

I've faced that one. My allergy to seafood turned into an extreme
intolerance of iodine. I take Freeda's Vitamins without minerals, and
you have to hunt around on www.freedavitamins.com to find them. Then I
take Caltrate 600 Plus for the vitamins (no iodine) --purple and white
box. I cannot find any one vitamin on the shelves that does not contain
minerals including iodine.

Theragran-M is GF. Not sure about the Iodine, but I've never seen it
listed in any supplements that I can remember.

I'm unsure about the iodine, but for gf vitamin, I take One a Day
Women's formula and have done well with it.

Try Whole Foods market if you have one in your area

Surprisingly, Avon has one that I have been using for over a year and it
is the best multivitamin that I have ever used. It is gluten free.

Hi - I use Geritol Complete. It's always a good idea to double check
with the manufacturer. I've checked these before but I'll give you their
customer service number: 1-800-245-1040 weekdays.

Good luck figuring out what to take.