BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Al Gilman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:15:54 -0500
At 04:11 AM 2002-12-14, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Our New San Diego ADAPT chapter needs a web site and an E-mail list.  We
>have no one in the group with the know how or ability to set this up.  We
>could sure use some help from some one with the knowledge and experience to
>give us a hand.  We will even make you an "official member" no matter where
>you are.  grin   The actual design and layout would be pretty much up to
>you, as long as it is ACCESSIBLE. The E-list I think could be started like
>at yahoo's egroups.  We are open to ideas and suggestions.

You may wish to consult the people at

  DIMENET NETWORK
  http://www.dimenet.com/

  Community Technology Foundation of California
  http://www.zerodivide.org/

.. or check with your local public library or adult education program for
enough coaching to get one of your members trained to administer a group at
Yahoo or Google.

Have you asked around among the more established ADAPT chapters to see what
they have done?

Al