From:
Diane Hosek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Hosek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:48:04 -0500

Over the last year I've asked for several books concerning CD through interlibrary loan.  I've been very surprised when my library decided to purchase each of these books instead of going through interlibrary loan.  Now I'm putting in a "Recommendation to Order" at my library every time I see a new book about CD.  Right now I have "Gluten-Free 101" and "Eating Gluten-Free with Emily" on order at the local library.  Anyone can do this on their own, but it occurs to me that it would also be a great project for local support groups to do in an organized way.  You have members from all around your area.  You could check to see which books your local libraries have, then request that they purchase ones that they're missing.  You'll get to see books that you otherwise might not purchase, and they'll be available for the next person who needs them.  I know the ones I've ordered are being used because they're often checked out when I go back to take them out again.  This takes very little effort, costs nothing, can help you and others with CD, and would also support "our authors".  Any comments?

Diane Hosek