Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:54:15 -0800

Hi everyone,

Due to some of the recent posts regarding the Gorilla Munch cereal I
contacted Nature's Path late yesterday to confirm their gluten free
manufacturing processes. I live in the area where the head office of
Nature's Path is located and have followed their progress over the years,
including the moving of most of their manufacturing facilities to Washington
State. As I mentioned on a previous posting, I've never had a problem with
any of the gluten free Nature's Path products and am grateful for the
introduction of the Envirokidz cereals and cereal bars. So admitably, I'm a
fan!

I'm also very impressed with their website www.naturespath.com. They've
included info on celiac disease, how the Nature's Path gluten free product
manufacturing process is monitored and they post a PDF copy of the test
results for gluten in the gluten free products.

I've received the following reply from Michelle Woods, who is a Dietitian
and works for Nature's Path.

"The reason that some products are manufactured in Canada or the US is based
on equipment, nothing to do with regulations. In Canada there is a law
regarding gluten free claims. In the US there are not any laws with regards
to gluten free, but we follow the same procedures in both countries. All
products that are labelled as gluten free do not contain wheat, barley, rye
or oats. We test our products regularly and now the test results are posted
on the website.

I hope this helps to explain our position!"

Helen in Vancouver, BC