From:
David Wurtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Wurtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:42:36 -0700

I called the offices of my state senators and my congresswoman today to put
in my request that they learn about celiac disease and support clear
labeling laws. I got the contact info from the website below. It took me 10
minutes total.

http://www.firstgov.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
The congresswoman's office had not gotten a single call since the Today
Show piece on monday. The senators' offices only got "2 or 3" in one case,
and none in the other.  This is for the entire state of California. (I
realize that the staffers may not be correct in what they told me, but it
sure doesn't seem like the floodgates opened enough to make an impression...)

If we can't sieze the day after the best exposure this disease has ever
gotten, then we're a pretty meek bunch. If you've done it already, thanks.
If not, please make the call. It's really painless and all it takes is 10
minutes.

Thanks!!!!

David Wurtman

btw, a bill called the
Food Ingredient Right to Know Act (HR 467 IH ) is currently stalled in
Congress. You might want to mention it by name.